Wednesday 11 February 2015

Isle of Whithorn Arts Group

Four weeks ago, we set up the Isle of Whithorn Arts Group.   During the first couple of weeks, I attended the beginning of the sessions to register the members and introduce the Self Management Programme.  However yesterday, I decided to drop-in half way through the session so that I could take some pictures and catch up with the members.

My first impression when I walked into the room was “WOW”! 

Some members were quietly busy with their own art work, some were chatting to each other, some were getting advice from David – the whole atmosphere was fantastic!  There was a quiet buzz in the room and although it was really busy, it also felt so calm and relaxed.

The members I spoke to were all telling me how much they enjoy the group, not just because they are learning all the time and improving their skills but also for the social side of it, meeting people and making new friends.

The members are able to try most art mediums (Mono Printing, Lino Printing, Acrylics, Watercolours, Gouashe, Pen and Ink…..) and they are being encouraged to be creative.  

It was wonderful to see with so much talent around the room, AMAZING! Nathalie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.